Followers

Home

Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Rule Britannia


Well that is most strange - its been snowing here this morning. 

Over the weekend the temperature outside in the sun was 30 C and today 
its a lot colder have not been outside yet...wonder why.

I do hope the pheasant will be ok....

Back to the job in hand. 

Here is my card today 




My thoughts with this card was "I have those lovely ribbons from
Crafty Ribbons - how can I use them"

Well first I stamped the image of the British Isles from Clarity Stamps onto a 
blank white card blank. 


Made a mask so that I could 


colour in the "sea" and a light dusting of green for the land using 
distress inks and my Clarity Brushes.

Added a strip of heart ribbons at the bottom using red tape. 

Made a Red Bus topper from a bit of ribbon - mounted onto blue card and 
added pearl blue drops to the corners.

Added a topper from Craft work cards making the flower red and blue. 


So the theme is Red White and Blue

singing Rule Britannia Britannia rules the waves. 

for the following 

Challenges 




Thank you for popping in.... and while I have been writing this 
blog - the sun is now shinning and looking quite spring like outside. 

I hope to get out for another walk today. 

It is helping and in fact I am pleased to say I have lost 3 lbs  just hope 
it continues. I have not got a goal but to just loose that extra middle 
I seem to have found. 

If I was closed to town I would go to the gym which I did a few years ago
but it was costing so much on fuel I could not continue. 

Its a 14 mile round trip and parking each time.

So I really must use what I have and that is my feet around our lanes. 

Now that I have written this may be just may be I will 
continue.

Look forward to hearing from you 

Crafty hugs 

17 comments:

  1. Wow! fabulous card love singing along to this while watching the Last Night of the Proms Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge

    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pen,
    what a really fab card.
    I love your super design of this, and that stamp is fab.
    Love the super ribbons also.
    We had a flurry of snow earlier, but it didn't last for long thank goodness.
    Good luck with your walk and the weather.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Pen. It is great fun and what a super stamp. Well done losing 3lbs. Keep up the good work. I should do the same. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ingenuity on this card. The map stamp reminded me of geography lessons when teacher used to come over with a big rocker stamp and stamp it in your exercise book. We then had to shade around the coastline in blue and inside the land with green pencils. I'd totally forgotten about that! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great card! love the colors and will pop over to listen to the song; not familiar with it. see you at Ike's World Challenge again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card!
    I've had 3 snow/hail showers today and one clap of thunder! What's that all about then?

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card and a great design, love both the ribbons.
    Thank you for joining my red, white and blue challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABulous card and I really love the ribbons and the way you made the dinky bus topper. That ribbon must look very cool ?!! I've never seen anything like that :-)
    Sorry to have got snow - it's sunny and warm here in Greece :-D
    Congrats on losing those pounds - fantastic. Keep up the good work and enjoy your walking. You see so much more that way anyhow :-D
    Thank you for playing along at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-D

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Pen the ribbons are a fantastic addition well done on the weight front walking is my choice of exercise as well good luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super red white and blue card for our theme this week Pen, so unusual as well, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining our red white and blue challenge at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So great card !! Love it!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Cicci
    TTCRD DT
    Cicci Vid Pennan {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must admit I started to sing 'Rule Britannia!'...Great card!
    Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Susan
    DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's obvious a lot of thought went into this awesome card. Great job and I'm glad you chose to play with us @ Ike's Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this it's not a run of the mill card and looks stunning. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent and imagination at work. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card took a few minutes to realise the song
    thanks for joining ikes world
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun card! Love the tutorial. Thanks for joining us at Ike's World Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen